27th September 2010: Chidham Parochial Primary School opened on the current site on 26th September 1910. Today The Right Reverend Mark Sowerby, Bishop of Horsham visited the school to celebrate the school's centenary, and to dedicate the centenary sculpture: First there was a centenary lunch with the children dressed as they might have been in 1910. Then the Bishop had a tour of the school with Lynda Aplin, recently retired Head Teacher, Gary Parkes (Acting Head Teacher), and Claire Murphy (who will join as Head Teacher in Jan 2011). Then there was an outdoor service to dedicate the sculpture.
l to r: Canon David Pain, Gary Parkes (Acting Head Teacher), Claire Murphy (who will join as Head Teacher in Jan 2011), Lynda Aplin, recently retired Head Teacher, The Right Reverend Mark Sowerby, Bishop of Horsham.